As our FEM Engineer at HVR Engineering you’ll be not only skilled in successfully delivering complex projects but also a great problem-solver. You’ll be independently carrying our FEM validations and verifications besides delivering fatigue analysis of (mechanical) structures.
- Carry out FEM validations and verifications, using both linear and non-linear solutions.
- Handle complex projects from design to final reporting.
- Deliver fatigue and dynamic analysis.
- Prepare cost estimation for new projects and writing proposals.
- Check and verify modelling and calculations from team members.
- Grab initiative and self-direct where appropriate as well as being a proactive team-player.
In order to be successful you will need to have strong academic knowledge and an interest to keep developing your theoretical knowledge. But even more important, we ask for a very pragmatic approach to the challenges at hand. For us it always starts with understanding of a system before we do anything else!
- A completed university graduate with studies in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or a closely related field.
- A senior professional with experience in handling complex client projects.
- Intimately familiar with fatigue analysis.
- A great communicator: you can navigate a diverse, international working environment and client interactions smoothly.
- Highly skilled in Matlab, preferably Python too.
- Familiarity with ANSYS is preferred.
- Speak and write English on a near native level, preferably in Dutch too.
Why work at HVR Engineering
Every day we are working on the most complex technical challenges that not many others can solve. We help our customers in their quest to develop new and innovative solutions within complex dynamical systems.
Our work involves many industries, such as deck equipment for the latest generation offshore vessels that are used to install Wind Farms, or infrastructure such as water barriers and movable bridges. In order to help our customers achieve these milestones every day, we can use skilled Engineers!
What can you expect
Being a member of the HVR Engineering team means you don’t just get to work on highly complex simulation, measurement and structural analysis challenges in Offshore, Flood Defense and Hydraulic industries.
It means you work in a tightly knit team, learn from unequaled specialists in their fields with focus on continuous development of your capabilities.
What we offer
Next to offering you opportunities to truly make your mark in our field, you’ll also receive:
- A remuneration in the range of EUR 3100 to EUR 4600, depending on experience and expertise, and based on a 40 hour work week.
- Private pension contribution.
- An annual personal training budget.
- And 25 days holidays.
Got you interested?